Fall Brawl Demo Payout Sept. 30 2012
Pits Open/Tech Starts 2:00 Grandstands Open at 3. First Crash at 5:00!!!
Compact Full Size Wire Full Size Weld
1 400 800 1000
2 300 500 600
3 200 400 400
4 100 200 200
5 50 100 100
Pit Pass is $25.00 ea. including drivers
Compact cars have no entry fee/car
Full Size Wire and Full Size Weld Classes have $25.00 entry fee/car
Trophies for Feature Winners
Compact Car Rollover Contest - Need 3 or more pre-entries to have it. $200 winner take all!
Burn Out Contest - Need 3 or more pre-entries to have it. $100 winner take all!
No cost to enter burn-out or rollover contest (must have pit pass and sign competition waiver).... just need to email or call to pre-enter. email@example.com 660-216-0871
2012 Demo Derby Rules Below....2013 COMING SOON!!
RULES IN PROGRESS....INTENTION of RULES: Intending to melt all nearby sets of rules into one generalized set so everyone has a place to go locally at the end of the season. Typing at 2am so there may be some typos!!
2012 Demolition Derby Rules
**CLARIFICATIONS - UPDATED 9/3 email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions
Must be at least 16 years old to drive and fill out minor forms with BOTH parents or guardians signatures.
*****************READ THIS CAREFULLY**********************
**Welded Compact Cars MAY run in full size weld class**
** JUDGES/PROMOTER DECISIONS ARE FINAL!
** IF ITS NOT SPECIFICALLY ADDRESSED IN THE RULES DOES NOT MEAN ITS LEGAL!! DON'T EVEN TRY IT.
** DEFINITION OF 'PRE-RAN' WILL BE MINE NOT YOURS...WARMING IT UP ON THE 'OLD OAK TREE' OR ON ANOTHER JUNKER IN THE 'BACK 40' IS NOT "PRE-RAN"!!!
** MAKE IT LEGAL! NO REFUNDS OF ENTRY FEE AFTER YOU HAVE AGREED TO TECH.
Big Car Wire Class Rules: Passenger cars or station wagons 1967 or newr only (NO Imperials or components of Imperials). NO 2003 + Fords. NO 4 wheel drive vehicles. NO
ambulances, hearses, trucks, limousines, etc...
1. All drivers must wear helmet, eye protection and seat belt. Highly reccommend fire suits, fire resistant shoes/boots, neck brace, full face helmet w/sheild, fire resistant gloves.
2. All glass, trim trash, loose parts, bolts, tools etc. must be removed before entering...YOU WILL MAKE IT CLEAN BEFORE YOU RUN!. All decking in station wagons must be removed. NO BALLAST of any kind ANYWHERE in the vehicle.
3. Rear ends: 1/2 ton truck rearend or smaller passenger car rearends allowed, 5 stud axles only. You may mix brands but must be mounted with stock components in stock location for make and model of car you are using. Must use stock appearing axles for make and model of rearend. Rear end may have spider gears welded or have spool to make positrac. Trailing arms must be stock-no plating or boxing.
4. Engine: Any automotive/pick-up truck engine and automatic transmission may be used....YES you may swap brands....Ford in Chevy....Chevy in Ford....etc. No engine set-back, must be mounted in factory position. You may use one chain (3/8 dia or less) on either side from engine block to frame only for the purpose of holding engine in case of broken motor mounts. Any one deemed to add strength will be cut or removed. Any skid plates, **OR TRANNY BRACE, on engine or tranny can only be mounted to engine/tranny and can NOT be attached to frame, cross member or body in anyway. Nothing on the engine, **OR TRANNY, can be used to re-enforce the frame/car body, etc. If any parts on the engine or tranny are being used to make
the car stronger, you will be asked to cut or take that part off before you can run.
5. Distributor protectors are allowed provided they are attached only to engine and/or transmission bellousing. They must NOT be attached or touching anything else in car before, during or after derby. Max. size 12"x12"
6.Tires/wheels: Maximum of 15" wheels. Passenger car or LT truck tires only, NO implement tires. NO ballast in tires, NO FOAM-AIR ONLY. NO studs. NO bolting or screwing tires to wheels. Wheel balancing weights must be removed. Stem protectors OK but no other welding or reinforcing allowed. **ONLY ONE TIRE PER WHEEL. TUBES OK. NO SECTIONING, NARROWING, OR WIDENING OF WHEELS.
7. Radiator must remain in engine compartment in stock location and operational. Radiator support must be stock to car and in stock location, no fabricated, no reinforcing.
8. All cars must have working brakes.
9. Original gas tanks must be removed. You must use a boat tank or well made fuel cell and it must be properly secured and covered with NO leaks. No gas cans. Plastic gas tanks must be placed in a metal box!! Fuel line must be secured and fastened properly. ( no plastic can with line ducted taped in!!) Keep away from exhaust. Place fuel cell behind driver's seat or in the center of the car in back seat area. Any vehicles with electric fuel pump must have it wired to kill switch, LABELED, and within reach of driver (MUST KILL ENGINE AND FUEL PUMP WITH SAME SWITCH)
10. Transmission coolers will be allowed, but must be safe and properly secured, including all lines and fittings.
11. Batteries must be moved to passenger floorboard close to transmission. It must be properly secured and covered.
12. HOOD/TRUNKS/BODY BOLTS: All cars must have hood. Must have at LEAST two 8" holes in hood for inspection and access. Six (6) hood bolts only max dia. 1", max 6"x 1/2" thick plates on top of hood. Spacer of same dimensions may replace rubber radiator support mount. Stock body mounts: may replace bolts with max dia. 1" bolts. You may tuck trunk lids. NO tucking of wagon roof on Leaf spring wagons. 80's and newer wagons may tuck roof down with 4 spots holding the roof down to the car body only NOT Frame.
13. For driver protection, you may weld a bar behind the seat from doorpost to doorpost, it can be an X, you may also have 1-bar across your dash with no gussets or kickers to firewall/dash, you may connect the dash bar to bars behind seat across the inside of front door only, you may also weld your steering column in, you can also weld a plate across the drivers door not to exceed 6 inches past each seam. You may have a roll loop behind the seat, which may be welded or bolted to door post, floor, and roof-NOT to frame. NO kickers going to the back or front of the car. Back of cage including roll bar, can only be 12" from back of seat. Dash bar must be located no farther back than the inside seam of front doors. FOR SAFETY, you are allowed 1 strap in each door window opening straps can be 2" wide 1/4" thick and can be welded 5" on the door & 5" on the roof, you may not use wire if you use straps. Hardtop cars may have another strap at the door post, NOT connected to cage. You may have 2 bars in windshield from roof to dash for safety reasons. The windshield bars may be 3" x 1/4", weld 5" on dash and 5" on roof only. You may only weld the drivers door seams solid for drivers protection.
14. Fenders may be cut to diameter of wheel only. When cutting quarter panels you may fold and bolt with max of 12 - 3/8" bolts or smaller with 1" max washers. Hood cutouts may be bolted the same way.
15. Suspension: Suspension must remain stock appearing with some bounce or give-NOT solid, NO blocked shocks or strapped a-arms. Rear coil springs may be bolted to housing or wired in. You can put spacers in sagging coil springs to get your height. Keep front and rear bumper heights close to the same. Front suspension and steering must match make and model of car. Stock tie rods. Tie rod sleeves may be welded or replaced with solid tube of same diameter. Leaf springs must be stock, you may add one spring as long as the main leaf spring you can't wrap the added leaf spring to make a double main. The Main leaf spring MUST be the TOP spring in the spring pack and leaf springs
must stagger down with at least a 2 inch stagger from longest to smallest. You can re-clamp springs, 4 clamps per side factory style, size and thickness - may be spot welded. You may weld leaf spring mounting brackets to prevent them from becoming unbolted. Mopars can weld mounting brackets to uni-body where leaf springs are mounted factory to uni-body frame. Include rear shackle box.
16. Bumpers/Frame: Front frame may be shortened back to front of rad. support. Bumpers must be automotive, NO fabricated or truck bumpers. Bumper ends may be trimmed. You may weld bumper skin (chrome) to bumper reinforcement. Automotive bumper brackets only, may be used on any car but only 1 set of brackets may be used! Bumper brackets must remain stock and no cutting/relocating of bracket parts. You may weld bumper brackets to the frame. You can weld bumper brackets and shocks to the bumper. Bumpers may be welded to end of frame with no added metal. Rear bumper may have 2 straps, 2- chains or 4-wires (8- loops) from trunk deck lid or tailgate to bumper (not
frame). You can only have 1 of the 3 used, NOT all 3! Straps can be up to 3" x 1/4" wide and no more than 5" on the bumper and 5" on the trunk or tailgate. You are allowed wire from radiator support to front bumper in 4 locations. You may run wire from frame rail to frame rail underneath back of car, behind rear-end with 4 loops of wire or 1 loop of 3/8 chain/cable in 1 spot only. This must go around the frame, it can not be bolted to the frame. You may repair rusted out sheet metal with sheet metal only. Leave the rust in place and repair over it. Rusted out frames may be repaired with 3/16 inch or less. You are allowed to weld the patch 2 inches past the rusted out area, leave the rust in place. Leave 1/2" hole or larger in patch for inspection purpose. Bent frames only may be repaired with 4in x 6in -3/16in thick flat plate. You are only allowed 4 plates per frame rail front and rear of car. The center door post divides the car in half. The patch may be welded solid, but you must have a 1/2 inch hole in the patch. You can only repair the frame once in each place. No re-patching or layering of patches. Plates must have a 1in space between plates.
Compact Class: All above car building guidlines that apply. 4 & 6 cyls., NO 6cyl. rear wheel drive cars. NO 4-wheel drives. MAX 106" wheelbase.
**Welded Compact cars MAY run in full size weld Class**
**YES YOU MAY CHANGE BUMPERS ON COMPACT CARS....FOLLOW RULES ABOVE AND CUT ENDS TO STOCK BUMPER WIDTH FOR CAR.
**DOT TIRES ONLY, ONE TIRE PER WHEEL, FACTORY WHEELS, NO FABRICATED WHEELS, NO WELDING OR MODIFING OF WHEELS EXCEPT STEM PROTECTOR
**FACTORY UNALTERED WHEELBASE MAX 106"
**COMPACT CAR CLASS...NO YOU CAN'T TAKE A FULL SIZE CAR, SHORTEN THE WHEELBASE AND THROW IN A 4CYL....
**list of cars and wheelbase http://we-crash.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=compacttips&action=display&thread=14529
FULL SIZE WELD CLASS: ADDITIONAL TO ABOVE RULES/GUIDLINES
** THIS IS NOT AN OUTLAW...."RUN WHAT YA' BRUNG CLASS"!!
**WELDED COMPACTS MAY RUN IN FULL SIZE WELD CLASS**
2- max dia. 1" All-thread may replace front 2 bolts from hood down through front body/rad. support mount. Max 8 bolts, max dia. 1" in hood. 2 - max dia. 1" in All-thread may go from the trunk lid to frame, MUST go through body mount hole. Chrysler products may run all thread behind radiator support down to top of frame and be welded to top of frame with no added material. You may weld the top 5" of all thread to radiator support. Stock appearing bumpers- we will allow you to take any bumper apart. Weld any material you would like to the inside of the bumper. Weld the crome skin back into place. Everything must be done inside of bumper.
All frame seams may be welded- 1/2" max width, NO added material, NO plating of frames...this is NOT an OUTLAW CLASS! All body seams may be welded solid on the OUTSIDE with 3" x 3/16 or smaller filler material. Trunks and tailgates may be welded but we must be able to inspect inside. ***Yes, outside seams means you CAN weld the hood shut. You must still have enough holes to inspect and put out fires. We will cut it open if we think you are adding metal.***
Leaf conversions on 80's cars: as stated above-use in full size weld class only
a. Must use the factory lower control arm mounts bracket for front leaf bolts. No short stacks or sideway mounted leafs allowed. You may re-weld control arm bracket seams, but
no frame reinforcements.
b. You are allowed 9 leafs maximum, only one as long as the main (and under the main), and the rest must be staggered every 2 inches. You may use 5 leaf spring clamps per
side. Homemade clamps can't exceed 2x4x1/4 inch. Springs must be of passenger car origin.
c. May weld 3 inch washer to frame for rear mount bolt. No other welding or bracing allowed on frame.
Tires/Wheels: ****Weld Class ONLY!*** Tires may be doubled/stuffed. May be foam filled. Bolting or screwing tires to wheels-ok. Wheel balancing weights must be removed. Stem protectors OK but no other welding or reinforcing allowed.
Steering/Suspension: ***You may use bolts in place of stock upper ball joint stud-WELD CLASS ONLY**You may alter your steering column to prevent loss of steering, steering knuckles, homemade steering shafts, etc. Stock rear trailing arms may be boxed. Rear-end housing may be braced (**NOT OPEN RULES! MUST FOLLOW #3 ABOVE RULES AND SIMPLY ADD BRACING)